We have adopted the Swim England Safeguarding Policy – Wavepower, a copy of which is held by your local Water Babies Office, or alternatively it can be viewed and downloaded here. Our Water Babies policy is one where we accept that good safeguarding and fair play is paramount for all our swimmers.
In order to achieve this Water Babies agrees to:
- Recognise that all children participating in Water Babies (regardless of age, gender, race, religion, ability or disability) have a right to enjoy their involvement in swimming in a safe environment and be protected from harm.
- Ensure that the individuals who work with children provide a positive, safe and enjoyable experience for children.
- Ensure all Water Babies personnel who work with children have undertaken the appropriate training and relevant criminal records check and adhere to the required practices for safeguarding children as outlined in Water Babies policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all individuals who will be working or will work with children in the franchise have been recruited in accordance with the Water Babies Safe Recruitment Policy.
- Ensure that all individuals who work with children have the appropriate training, codes of conduct and good practice to follow.
- Provide all Water Babies franchisee staff and carers of children with the opportunity to raise concerns in a safe and confidential manner if they have a concern about a child’s welfare.
- Ensure that all child safeguarding matters, whether they be concerns about child welfare or protection, are dealt with appropriately in accordance with the guidance for reporting and action in Water Babies policies and procedures.
- Ensure that confidentiality is maintained appropriately and in line with the best interests of the child.
- Ensure all papers relating to child safeguarding matters are held in a safe and secure manner.
If you have a question or concern regarding child welfare, contact either the UK Water Babies Welfare Officer on +44 01404 548 348 or the Canadian Water Babies Welfare Officer on 647 967 7946.
You can also contact your local Children's Aid Society.